- How do I download a file?
- How do I open the .pptx output if I don't have PowerPoint?
- How do I open the .pptx output if I have an older version of PowerPoint?
- My downloads are in .zip file format. How do I unzip a file?
- How long does it take to download content?
- Why do I keep losing my Internet connection or receiving an error while downloading the images?
- What is the Download Manager?
1. How do I download a file?
There are several ways to download a single file.
- On the Browse page, once your are logged in, you may click the download icon and then press the "Download Now" button.
- On the File Detail page, you may click the "Download" button and then the "Download Now" button.
- If you want to save the file for later download, you may click the "Download Later" button in either of the cases above, which stores the file in your Download Manager. When you empty your Download Manager at a later time by clicking Download on the top navigation and then pressing the "Download All" button, your file will be part of the downloaded content you receive.
2. How do I open the .pptx output if I don't have PowerPoint?
You may download a free Viewer from the Microsoft Website.
3. How do I open the .pptx output if I have an older version of PowerPoint?
You may download a free compatability pack from the Microsoft Website that allows you to open later versions of PowerPoint files.
4. My downloads are in .zip file format. How do I unzip a file?
- If you have Windows XP, Vista or 7, or Apple OS X, just double-click on the zip file or folder, and it will open as if it were a regular file or folder on your computer.
- If you do not have Widows XP, Vista or 7, or Apple OS X, you will need to download and install software that will zip and unzip files. A recommended program that offers free trial versions for both Mac anc PC is WinZip.
5. How long does it take to download content?
The download time depends on the speed of your modem and connectivity. In addition, the download time depends on the size of the item(s) you are downloading. Most downloads will take two minutes or less.
6. Why do I keep losing my Internet connection or receiving an error while downloading the files?
- It is possible that the files became corrupted while being downloaded. Try downloading the files again.
- If the size of the item(s) you are trying to download is large, try breaking up your download into several smaller pieces.
- This may be caused by heavy network traffic. One solution is to try downloading at a later time when network traffic is lighter.
- If the problem persists, contact Technical Support.
7. What is the Download Manager?
The Download Manager is your central repository for items to be stored for later download. The benefit of using the Download Manager is that you may browse for a continued period of time and download your files in one unit instead of downloading one by one.
To use the Download Manager, simply select "Download Later" after clicking on the Download icon and the relevant file or collection will be added to your Download Manager.
When you are ready to download everything in your Download Manager, visit the page by clicking Download from the top navigation and click the "Download All" button. Your Download Manager will empty out each time you download its contents.
A history of your downloads may be accessed by clicking on the My Cloud tab and then the Download History link.