- What types of files should I upload?
- How do I categorize my Upload or Collection?
- Can I delete something I uploaded?
- What is the SIR review process and how long will it take for my file to appear on SIRcloud?
1. What types of files should I upload?
Currently files can be uploaded in PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx) format.
2. How do I categorize my Upload or Collection?
Categorizing your file or collection is critical for it to be found on the SIRcloud browse page. You will be prompted to categorize your files upon upload, and collections upon making public.
Begin by selecting a category from the dropdown menu. You may tag your file or collection with as many categories as needed, and are encouraged to only select the topics that apply to your file or collection. Once you have finished adding categories, click the "Categorize" button, and the selected categories will appear below.
3. Can I delete something I uploaded?
Yes. In order to delete or edit one of your uploaded items, click on the My Cloud tab on the top navigation, and then click on My Uploads. Find the item in question and click on the title, and you will be brought to the detail view for that item where you may edit or delete the item.
4. What is the SIR file review process and how long will it take for my file to appear on SIRcloud?
All files are added to SIRcloud upon upload. Also upon upload, your file will enter a queue for administrative and expert review by the SIRcloud Editorial Board. Any inappropriate or irrelevant submissions will be rejected and removed from the site.
You may be asked to change or update data associated with your file during the review process. If asked to update information, please respond in a timely manner to the request or your file may be removed from the site.
Upon approval by the SIRcloud Editorial Board, your file will be marked with a "Reviewed" icon to indicate the file has been reviewed and approved by the SIRcloud Editorial Board.
Any changes you make to your file or file data will send the file into the review queue.